NWS Birmingham, AL - Aviation Weather
The National Weather Service (NWS) in Birmingham has Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAF) or aviation weather forecast responsibility for seven primary locations in Central Alabama. These forecasts are listed below with other selected TAFs issued by other NWS offices across the southeast United States.
Alabama Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs)
Issued by the Birmingham NWS Office:
- ANB - Anniston Metropolitan Airport, Anniston, AL
- ASN - Talladega Municipal Airport, Talladega, AL
- BHM - Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport, Birmingham, AL
- EET - Shelby County Airport, Calera, AL
- MGM - Montgomery Regional Airport (Dannelly Field), Montgomery, AL
- TCL - Tuscaloosa Regional Airport, Tuscaloosa, AL
- TOI - Troy Municipal Airport (N Kenneth Campbell Field), Troy, AL
Alabama TAFs issued by other NWS offices:
Issued by NWS Huntsville:
- HSV - Huntsville International-Carl T Jones Field, Huntsville
- MSL - Muscle Shoals Airport
Issued by NWS Mobile:
- MOB - Mobile Regional Airport, Mobile
- BFM - Mobile Downtown Airport, Mobile
Issued by NWS Tallahassee, FL
- DHN - Dothan Airport, Dothan
Area METAR Observations & TAFs:
The interactive map below from the Aviation Weather Center shows the station plot of all local airports that dissiminate their weather observations. Use your mouse in the map below to scroll in on a geographical area or out to go to a regionial scale. Also, use your mouse to hover over the map to see a pop up of the decoded METAR information and TAF information for a particular airport. *Note: Not all METAR airport sites have a TAF.
Latest Aviation Forecast Discussion from local NWS Weather Forecast Offices:
To read the latest aviation forecast discussion for Central Alabama, in the map below click on Birmingham to select it. You can view the aviation forecast discussion from any region by clicking on the corresponding region in the map below. The discussion will change below the map. To find out more information about aviation forecast discussions, see the description here.
IFR G-AIRMET Forecast from the Aviation Weather Center:
Use the arrows above the below graph to cycle through the 0-12 hour forecast. To find out more information about G-AIRMETs, see the description here.
Experimental CDM Convective Forecast Planning Guidance from the Aviation Weather Center:
Use the arrows above the below graph to cycle through the 0-8 hour forecast. To find out more information about the Experimental CCFP product, see the description here.
For other aviation weather products see the Aviation Weather Center Home Page.