Below you will find a calendar with the dates of upcoming SkyWarn Spotter talks scheduled for Central Pennsylvania, presented by the National Weather Service Office in State College. Please be aware that SkyWarn talks are mainly conducted during the Spring months, and that a talk is not scheduled in each county every year.
Some important items to note:
• YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE ATTENDING A CLASS:
- Each date listed on the calendar, when clicked, will expand to show details of the talk. An email address and/or phone number will be provided to register.
• BE SURE TO CHECK THIS WEB SITE THE DAY OF THE EVENT:
- If any last minute cancelations or changes of venue need to be made, they will be posted here.
• GENERAL REMINDERS FOR SKYWARN CLASSES
- Classes are free and open to the public
- Attendees under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Classes typically last about 90 minutes
- Bring a pen/pencil to the class
- If possible, bring the Latitude and Longitude of your home (see instructions at the bottom of the page)
- Current spotters bring your old ID Card or Spotter Number
Any problems of questions...please contact Pete Jung , Warning Coordination Meteorologist
CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA SYWARN TRAINING SCHEDULE
How to obtain your LAT/LON information:
Providing your latitude and longitude (in decimal degrees) is important to us. If you don't know your location, you can easily find this by visiting the web site:
Simply type your full address into the "Address" box, and click the "Find Lat Long" button. Your lattitude and longitude will be displayed in the two boxes to the left.
Please bring your coordinates with you to the spotter talk. Thanks!