Below you will find a calendar with the dates of upcoming SkyWarn Spotter talks scheduled for Central Pennsylvania, presented by the National Weather Service Office in State College. Please be aware that SkyWarn talks are mainly conducted during the Spring months, and that a talk is not scheduled in each county every year.
Some important items to note:
• YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE ATTENDING A CLASS:
- Each date listed on the calendar, when clicked, will expand to show details of the talk. An email address and/or phone number will be provided to register.
• BE SURE TO CHECK THIS WEB SITE THE DAY OF THE EVENT:
- If any last minute cancelations or changes of venue need to be made, they will be posted here.
• GENERAL REMINDERS FOR SKYWARN CLASSES
- Classes are free and open to the public
- Attendees under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Classes typically last about 90 minutes
- Bring a pen/pencil to the class
- If possible, bring the Latitude and Longitude of your home (see instructions at the bottom of the page)
- Current spotters bring your old ID Card or Spotter Number
Any problems of questions...please contact Pete Jung , Warning Coordination Meteorologist
CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA SYWARN TRAINING SCHEDULE
How to obtain your LAT/LON information:
Providing your latitude and logitude (in decimal degrees) is important to us. If you don't know your location, you can easily find this by visiting the web site:
In the box that says "Centre the Map Around", enter your town, PA or zip code. This will zoom the map in close to your location. Then simply pan and zoom more to identify your exact street location. As you click and zoom the readout below the map will change. When you are over your location record the first line that indicates your latitude and longitude in decimal degrees. It will look something like this:
Latitude = 40.8284, Longitude = -77.8468
Please bring your coordinates with you to the spotter talk. Thanks!