Station Digest - A look at the National Weather Service in Marquette and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Station History - A detailed look at the history of the National Weather Service's Weather Forecast Office Marquette.
The Staff of the Marquette National Weather Service Office
After each person is their NWS title and any special duties they perform. Click on a name to send an email to that individual.
- Robin Turner: Meteorologist in Charge (MIC) - Overseer of the personnel, operations and office functions
- David Beachler: Science and Operations Officer (SOO) - Overseer of staff training and research
- Matt Zika: Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM) - Public Awareness programs, spotter training and office instruction
- Tim Akom: Electronic Systems Analyst (ESA) - Supervision of the electronics and the computer network programs; Safety Team Leader
- Vacant: Administrative Assistant (ASA) - Handles files, forms, time keeping, bills and contracts (runs the office)
- Gwen Akom: Information Technology Officer (ITO) - AWIPS Program Manager/Assistant Webmaster/Warngen Program team member; EEO & Diversity Team Leader
- David Petrovich: Observations Program Leader (OPL) - Data / CO-OP operations chief / Outreach, and NOAA Weather Radio
- Adam Dempsey: Electronics Technician - Maintains equiptment for the office, including the WSR-88D and remote weather observing stations
- Jon Banitt: Storm Verification
- Kevin Crupi: Climate Program Manager
- Greg Michels: Marine Program co-Manager; Climate Team Member
- Don Rolfson: Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist
- Jon Voss: Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist; Storm Verification; Fire Weather Program Team Member
- Jason Alumbaugh: Marine Program co-Manager; Fire Weather Program co-Manager; Aviation, Decision Support and Radar Team Member
- Justin Titus: Hydrology Program Manager, Decision Support Services Focal Point; Radar Program Manager, GFE/AWIPS Co-Leader; Assistant Warning Coordination Meteorologist; Assistant Science and Operations Officer; Aviation, Social Media, and GIS Team Member
- Keith Cooley: Fire Weather Program Manager; Hydrology, Fire Weather, GFE/AWIPS, Rip Current, and Webmaster Team Member
- Jaclyn Ritzman: Fire Weather, GFE/AWIPS, Rip Current, and Webmaster Team Member
- Todd Kluber: Aviation Program Manager; Social Media Team Leader; GFE/AWIPS, GIS-Situational Awareness, and Hydrology Team Member
- Jim Salzwedel: Hydrometeorological Technician (HMT); CO-OP Program Assistant; Environmental Focal Point
National Weather Service Marquette
County Warning Area
The National Weather Service in Marquette provides warning and forecast service for 13 counties in west and central Upper Michigan, the adjacent nearshore waters of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan, and the open waters of Lake Superior.