Geographical Areas for each 7-Day Forecast on Our NOAA Weather Radio Transmitters
| Roanoke | Lynchburg | West Jefferson | Hinton | Halifax/South Boston | Wytheville | Richlands
- The Roanoke and Southern Shenandoah valleys, and the West Central Highlands of Virginia. This area includes the counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, Rockbridge, Alleghany VA, and Craig, as well as, the cities of Salem, Roanoke, Fincastle, New Castle, Lexington, Buena Vista, and Covington.
- The New River Valley of Virginia. This area includes the counties of Carroll, Floyd, Montgomery, Pulaski, Wythe, Bland, and Giles, as well as, the cities and towns of Blacksburg, Radford, Pearisburg, Galax, Floyd, Wytheville, and Pulaski.
- Southside Virginia and the Northern Piedmont of North Carolina. This area includes the counties of Halifax, Pittsylvania, Henry, Franklin, and Patrick, as well as, the cities and town of Rocky Mount, Martinsville, Danville, South Boston, and the area around Smith Mountain Lake. The broadcast area also encompases portions of the North Carolina counties of Rockingham and Caswell, as well as, the cities of Eden, Reidsville, and Yanceyville.
- The Central Piedmont of Virginia. This area includes the counties of Eastern Amherst and Eastern Bedford, as well as, the cities and towns of Amherst, Beford, Lynchburg, and Appomattox.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. The counties include here are Western Amherst and Western Bedford from Peaks of Otter, northeast across Pedlar Dam, to Montebello.
- The Northwest Mountains of North Carolina and the Mountain Empire of Virginia. This area includes the counties of Ashe, Alleghany NC, Watauga, and Grayson, as well as, the cities and towns of Boone, Blowing Rock, Jefferson, Sparta, and Independence.
- The Northern Foothills of North Carolina. This area includes Wilkes County and the city of Wilkesboro.
- The Greenbrier Valley. This area includes the lower elevations of Greenbrier, Summers, and Monroe Counties, as well as, the cities and towns of Lewisburg, White Sulphur Springs, Alderson, Marlinton, and Union.
- The Southeast Mountains of West Virginia. This region includes the Mercer County and the higher terrain of Summers, Monroe and Greenbrier counties, as well as, the cities and towns of Rupert, Hinton, Princeton, and Bluefield.
- The Central Piedmont of Virginia. This region includes the counties of Campbell, Charlotte, Pittsylvania, and Halifax, as well as, the cities and towns of Altavista, Keysville, Wylliesburg, and Nathalie.
- The Soutside area of Virginia, south into the nothwest Piedmont of North Carolina. This region includes the southeast portion of Pittslvania County, southern Halifax County, and Caswell County in North Carolina. Included are the cities of Danville, South Boston, and Yanceyville.
- The New River Valley including Wytheville, Hicksville, Marion, Speedwell, and Pulaski
- The Mountain Empire of Virginia including Willis, Galax, and Elk Creek.
- The Northern Foothills including Mount Airy and Woodville.
- The high elevations of Tazewell County, including Burkes Garden.
- The extreme southwest Virginia, including Richlands and Tazewell.
| Top of Page |
| Return to NWR Information |