Thank you for visiting the web page of the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Tallahassee, Florida. Our office is located on the campus of Florida State University in the heart of Tallahassee. We work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year to serve the residents of southeast Alabama, southwest and south-central Georgia, and the Florida Panhandle and Big Bend.
The National Weather Service is an agency of the U.S. government, and is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA operates under the Department of Commerce (DOC).
A Weather Forecast Office, such as ours, is responsible for a variety of duties in carrying out the National Weather Service mission. Our office's duties include:
- Regular 7-day weather forecasts for parts of three states (Alabama, Georgia, and Florida).
- Weather briefings and support activities for partner agencies, such as emergency management agencies.
- Coastal waters forecasts for adjacent waters of the northeast Gulf of Mexico, out to 60 nautical miles from shore.
- The issuance of weather watches, warnings, and advisories for all of those land and marine areas.
- Aviation forecasts for airports in Tallahassee, Panama City, Dothan, Albany, and Valdosta.
- Specialized fire weather forecasts for the U.S. Forest Service and other government agencies.
- Dissemination of stage forecasts and flood warnings for area rivers.
- Maintaining climate records for select area locations, and supporting a cooperative observer network.
- Continuous weather broadcasts via NOAA Weather Radio.
- Launching twice-daily weather balloons with attached radiosondes to sample atmospheric conditions at all levels of the atmosphere.
- Maintaining automated observing equipment at certain area airports, as well as the NEXRAD doppler radar.
For more information on our office, such as contact information and frequently asked questions, please refer to the tabbed display below.
Office Contact Information
How To Contact Us
- (850)-942-8851, Phone (recording)
- (850)-942-8833, Phone (person)
- (850)-942-8850, Fax
- Also contact us on Facebook and Twitter, but note that these accounts may not be monitored continuously.
- Jane Hollingsworth, Meteorologist in Charge (MIC)
- Mark Wool, Warning Coordination Meteorologist (WCM)
- Parks Camp, Science and Operations Officer (SOO)
- Vacant, Senior Service Hydrologist (SSH)
- Doug Sherrick, Electronic Systems Analyst (ESA)
- Toan Tran, Information Technology Officer (ITO)
- Christine Duggan, Administrative Support Assistant (ASA)
- Don Van Dyke, Lead Forecaster [Focal Points: Radar, Storm Data, Local Modeling]
- Donal Harrigan, Lead Forecaster [Focal Points: AWIPS, Assistant GFE, Assistant Modeling]
- Jeff Fournier, Lead Forecaster [Focal Points: IFPS/GFE]
- Jessica Fieux, Lead Forecaster [Focal Points: Warning Coord Team, Integrated Warning Team, Assistant Tropical]
- Vacant, Lead Forecaster
- Alex Lamers, Forecaster [Focal Points: Emergency Response, Assistant Marine, Social Media, Verification, Webmaster]
- Kelly Godsey, Forecaster [Focal Points: Assistant WCM, Hydrology, Tropical]
- Tim Barry, Forecaster [Focal Points: Fire Weather, Climate]
- Vacant, Forecaster
- Vacant, Forecaster
- Vacant, Observation Program Leader (OPL)
- Emma Weston, Meteorologist Intern [Focal Points: Marine, Upper Air]
- Jeanie McDermott, Meteorologist Intern [Focal Points: Aviation, COOP]
- Katie Moore, Meteorologist Intern [Focal Points: Diversity/EEO, Assistant Climate, Assistant Verification, Assistant COOP, Assistant Upper Air, Warning Coord Team]
- Clifton Bennett, Electronics Technician [ASOS]
- Ron Eimiller, Electronics Technician [NEXRAD Radar]
Office history will go here.