National Weather Service United States Department of Commerce

Dangerously Excessive Heat and Humidity Continues from the Midwest and Eastward

Oppressive heat and humidity will continue through Saturday from the Midwest to the East Coast. The Midwest will get a slight reprieve on Sunday as a cold front moves through the area, while excessive heat continues in the East. In addition, strong to severe storms will bring potential for damaging winds, hail, and heavy rain on Saturday. Read More >

Snow Amount Potential
Experimental -
 
Expected Snowfall - Official NWS Forecast
Range
Expected Snowfall - Official NWS Forecast
What's this?
High End Amount
1 in 10 Chance (10%) of Higher Snowfall

Maximum Potential Snow Accumulation
What's this?
Low End Amount
9 in 10 Chance (90%) of Higher Snowfall

Minimum Potential Snow Accumulation
What's this?

Low End Amount – 9 in 10 Chance (90%) of Higher Snowfall

 

This map depicts a reasonable lower-end snowfall amount for the time period shown on the graphic, based on many computer model simulations of possible snowfall totals. This lower amount is an unlikely scenario with a 9 in 10, or 90% chance that more snow will fall, and only a 1 in 10, or 10% chance that less snow will fall. This number can help serve as a lower-end scenario for planning purposes.

Expected Snowfall - Official NWS Forecast

 

This map is the official NWS snowfall forecast in inches during the time period shown on the graphic. This snowfall amount is determined by NWS forecasters to be the most likely outcome based on evaluation of data from computer models, satellite, radar, and other observations.

High End Amount – Only a 1 in 10 Chance (10%) of Higher Snowfall

 

This map depicts a reasonable upper-end snowfall amount for the time period shown on the graphic, based on many computer model simulations of possible snowfall totals. This higher amount is an unlikely scenario, with only a 1 in 10, or 10% chance that more snow will fall, and a 9 in 10, or 90% chance that less snow will fall. This number can help serve as an upper-end scenario for planning purposes.

 
The purpose of these experimental probabilistic snowfall products is to provide customers and partners a range of snowfall possibilities, in complement to existing NWS deterministic snowfall graphics, to better communicate forecast uncertainties during winter weather events. For more information visit this project's Product/Service Description Document, and please provide us your feedback here.
Percent Chance That Snow Amounts Will Be Greater Than...
Experimental -
 
What's this?

Percent Chance That Snow Amounts Will Be Greater Than

 

This series of maps shows the probability (that is, the likelihood) that snowfall will equal or exceed specific amounts during the time period shown on the graphic. These forecasts are based on many computer model simulations of possible snowfall totals.

Hover over thumbnails below to view larger image.
>=0.1"
>=0.1"
>=1"
>=1"
>=2"
>=2"
>=4"
>=4"
>=6"
>=6"
>=8"
>=8"
>=12"
>=12"
>=18"
>=18"

Snowfall Totals by Location
Experimental -
 
What's this?

Snowfall Totals by Location

 

These tables show the snowfall forecast for individual locations, and provide the same information as the graphics on this web page, just shown in a different way. All of these values are valid for the same time period as depicted on the graphics.

County:
 
Ice Amount Potential
Experimental -
 
Expected Ice Accumulation - Official NWS Forecast
fcst ice
High End Amount
1 in 10 Chance (10%) of Higher Ice Accumulation

Maximum Potential Ice Accumulation
Low End Amount
9 in 10 Chance (90%) of Higher Ice Accumulation

Minimum Potential Ice Accumulation
 
The purpose of these experimental probabilistic ice accumulation products is to provide customers and partners a range of ice accumulation possibilities, in complement to existing NWS deterministic ice accumulation graphics, to better communicate forecast uncertainties during winter weather events. For more information visit this project's Product/Service Description Document, and please provide us your feedback here.
Percent Chance That Ice Amounts Will Be Greater Than...
Experimental -
 
What's this?

Percent Chance That Ice Amounts Will Be Greater Than

 

This series of maps shows the probability (that is, the likelihood) that ice will equal or exceed specific amounts during the time period shown on the graphic. These forecasts are based on many computer model simulations of possible ice totals.

Hover over thumbnails below to view larger image.
>=0.01"
>=0.01"
>=0.10"
>=0.10"
>=0.25"
>=0.25"
>=0.50"
>=0.50"
>=1.00"
>=1.00"

Probability Graphic
Tulsa Text Products
Watch/Warning/Advisories Outlook Discussion Statements Reports
Current Estimated Precip Type Current Temperatures
Current Pcp Type
Latest temperatures
What's this? What's this?

Current Estimated Precipitation Type

The graphic depicts the current estimated precipitation type. It is updated once per hour at around 45 minutes after the hour.

Current Temperatures

Current temperatures. If there is a pink line on the map, it depicts the freezing line (32 F).

Latest 24 Hour Estimated Snow Accumulation Latest 24 Hour Estimated Ice Accumulation
Latest snow report
Latest Estimated Ice Accum
What's this? What's this?

Estimated 24 Hour Snow Accumulation

This is an estimated depiction of the Snowfall over the last 24 hours ending at 6am CST. It uses radar and surface observations. It updates by Noon.

Estimated 24 Hour Ice Accumulation

This is an estimated depiction of the Ice Accumulation over the last 24 hours ending at 6am CST. It uses radar and surface observations. It updates by Noon.

Today's Onset of Wintry Precipitation Tomorrow's Onset of Wintry Precipitation
Today Winter Precipitation Onset
Tomorrows Winter Precipitation Onset
What's this? What's this?

Today's Onset of Wintry Precipitation

Today's most likely time of winter precipitation onset (snow, sleet, freezing rain). Rain is not included here. This information is provided when we issue a Warning or Advisory for expected snow or ice accumulation; typically six to 24 hours in advance. Times are only given for places that are under a Warning or Advisory. They will be blank in areas outside Warnings or Advisories.

Tomorrow's Precipitation Onset

Tomorrow's most likely time of winter precipitation onset (snow, sleet, freezing rain). Rain is not included here. This information is provided when we issue a Warning or Advisory for expected snow or ice accumulation; typically six to 24 hours in advance. Times are only given for places that are under a Warning or Advisory. They will be blank in areas outside Warnings or Advisories.

 

Estimated 24 Hour Snowfall
NOHRSC 24hr snow image
loop of wpc forecast maps
Long-Range Forecast
 
Days 4-5 Forecast Precipitation Days 6-7 Forecast Precipitation
Days 4-5 Precip Days 6-7 Precip
   

Days 6-10

Temperature Precipitation
6-10 day temperature 6-10 day precipitation
   

Days 8-14

TEMPERATURE PRECIPITATION
8-14 day temperature 8-14 day precipitation
   

Week 3-4

TEMPERATURE

PRECIPITATION

Week 3-4 Temperature Week 3-4 precipitation