National Weather Service United States Department of Commerce

Rain Amount Potential
Experimental -
 
Expected Liquid Precip - Official NWS Forecast
Point Range
Official NWS Forecast Rain Totals
What's this?
High End Amount
1 in 10 Chance (10%) of More Rain

Maximum Potential Liquid Accumulation
What's this?
Low End Amount
9 in 10 Chance (90%) of More Rain

Minimum Potential Liquid Accumulation
What's this?

Low End Amount - 9 in 10 Chance (90%) of More Rain

 

This graphic depicts a reasonable lower-end liquid amount for the time period shown on the graphic, based on many computer model simulations of possible liquid totals. This lower amount is an unlikely scenario with a 9 in 10, or 90% chance that more liquid will fall, and only a 1 in 10, or 10% chance that less liquid will fall. This number can help serve as a lower-end scenario for planning purposes.

Expected Rain - Official NWS Forecast

 

This graphic is the official NWS liquid precipitation forecast in inches during the time period shown on the graphic. This liquid precipitation amount is determined by NWS forecasters to be the most likely outcome based on evaluation of data from computer models, satellite, radar, and other observations.

High End Amount - Only a 1 in 10 Chance (10%) of More Rain

 

This graphic depicts a reasonable upper-end liquid amount for the time period shown on the graphic, based on many computer model simulations of possible liquid totals. This higher amount is an unlikely scenario, with only a 1 in 10, or 10% chance that more liquid will fall, and a 9 in 10, or 90% chance that less liquid will fall. This number can help serve as an upper-end scenario for planning purposes.

 
The purpose of these experimental probabilistic liquid precipitation products is to provide customers and partners a range of liquid precipitation possibilities, in complement to existing NWS deterministic liquid precipitation graphics, to better communicate forecast uncertainties during PQPF weather events. For more information visit this project's Product/Service Description Document, and please provide us your feedback here.
Percent Chance That Rain Amounts Will Be Greater Than...
Experimental -

This series of graphics shows the probability (that is, the likelihood) that liquid precipitation will equal or exceed specific amounts during the time period shown on the graphic. These forecasts are based on many computer model simulations of possible liquid precipitation totals.

Percent Chance That Rain Amounts Will Be Greater Than

 

This series of graphics shows the probability (that is, the likelihood) that liquid precipitation will equal or exceed specific amounts during the time period shown on the graphic. These forecasts are based on many computer model simulations of possible liquid precipitation totals.

Hover over thumbnails below to view larger image.
>=0.01"
>=0.01"
>=0.1"
>=0.1"
>=0.25"
>=0.25"
>=0.5"
>=0.50"
>=1"
>=1"
>=2"
>=2"
>=4"
>=4"
>=8"
>=8"
>=16"
>=8"
Probability Graphic

MFL Rain Totals by Location
Experimental -

Rain Totals by Location

 

These tables show the liquid precipitation forecast for individual locations. The tables provide the same information as the maps on this web page, just shown in a different way. The "Exceedance" option shows the chance that liquid will exceed a certain threshold. The "Range" option shows the likelihood of liquid precipitation being within a certain range. All of these values are valid for the same time period as depicted on the graphics.

County:
 
Switch to: Range Exceedance
Long-Range Forecast
 
Days 4-5 Forecast Precipitation Days 6-7 Forecast Precipitation
Days 4-5 Precip Days 6-7 Precip
   

Days 6-10

Temperature Precipitation
6-10 day 

temperature 6-10 day 

precipitation
   

Days 8-14

TEMPERATURE PRECIPITATION
8-14 day 

temperature 8-14 day 

precipitation
   

Week 3-4

TEMPERATURE

PRECIPITATION

Week 3-4 

Temperature Week 3-4 

precipitation