For areas across the western Carolinas and northeast Georgia, report your observed severe weather event, location and time by calling 1-800-267-8101.
The National Weather Service issues warnings for many types of severe weather. Our equipment and tools help us anticipate and warn for situations that threaten life and/or property. However, the only way we know a severe event occurred is by human or "ground truth" reports. These reports not only tell us what happened, but could help us anticipate future events. Please call us toll-free at 1-800-267-8101 if you observe any of the following:
- One inch diameter hail is "Severe" hail. We would like to receive reports of hail of any size - report the size of the largest hailstone
- Wind Damage (structural damage or trees/power lines down)
- Stream flooding, street flooding, or streams approaching bankfull
- Snowfall of 3 inches or more
- Ice damage (broken tree limbs or slick roads)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a trained Skywarn spotter, please use the toll-free number given to you at your training session.
Please provide the following information with your report:
- When - Start time and, if possible, duration of event.
- Where - Location(s) of event (or path)
- What - Types of severe weather observed
- Your phone number (if we need additional information)
We appreciate your help!
Real-Time Local Storm Summary
Past Severe Events: