For areas across the western Carolinas and northeast Georgia, report your observed severe weather event, location and time by calling 1-800-267-8101. Or, submit your storm report using this online form.
The National Weather Service issues warnings for many types of severe weather. Our equipment and tools help us anticipate and warn for situations that threaten life and/or property. However, the only way we know a severe event occurred is by human or "ground truth" reports. These reports not only tell us what happened, but could help us anticipate future events. Please call us toll-free at 1-800-267-8101 or using the online form if you observe any of the following:
- One inch diameter hail is "Severe" hail. We would like to receive reports of hail of any size - report the size of the largest hailstone
- Wind Damage (structural damage or trees/power lines down)
- Stream flooding, street flooding, or streams approaching bankfull
- Snowfall of 3 inches or more
- Ice damage (broken tree limbs or slick roads)
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a trained Skywarn spotter, please use the toll-free number given to you at your training session.
Please provide the following information with your report:
- When - Start time and, if possible, duration of event.
- Where - Location(s) of event (or path)
- What - Types of severe weather observed
- Your phone number (if we need additional information)
We appreciate your help!
Real-Time Local Storm Summary
Past Severe Events: